Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Year in Review

Greetings everyone. I know it seems like it’s been a year since I’ve posted, but that’s simply not true. I’ve been posting with invisible pixels. Muahahaha.

But in case you don’t have you forgot your secret decoder ring and X-ray glasses, let me bring you up to speed, sans hilarious jokes:

Last April, I was laid off from my job. It was something of a shock, but I was far from the only one, and certainly not one of the first to be let go. It was interesting, as we kept getting email from the company president saying how well things were going and how much the company was earning. But no, I’m not bitter.

So, instead of binge eating and drinking, I stayed home with Porter, and binge exercised. Lil became the breadwinner for the family, and I joined millions of daddies around the country watching the kids, cleaning the house, and accepting monthly bribes from the government to stay that way.

It was great when Lil was off for the summer, as it afforded us a very rare chance to travel and feel like we were on a crazy-long vacation. We traveled to Idaho and visited Lil’s family for a couple of weeks, where we spent the Fourth of July, and then down to Vegas to spend time with my parents, where Porter went to his first Wiggles concert (Anthony was on FIRE!).

About four or five weeks into being laid off (and about three weeks after the initial panic) I received a call from a company close to us that I had actually applied to prior to being unemployed. They ran me through a series of interesting interviews and eventually offered me a position. Lil says we were really blessed, I call it blind-dumb-crazy-luck. The interviews lasted several weeks and went through just about all 2,000 employees before they actually got down to salary negotiations. I started in August and all has been well.

That is, until Lil informed me that we were preggers again! I know, you would have thought we’d have figured it out the first time. But no, Tristan was on the way and there was nothing we could do about it.

Lil started her fourth year at her school, and we began our second year as coaches for the school’s debate team. Nothing very exciting to report there, some students were good, others mediocre, there was joy and sadness and anger and happiness and some frustration and lots and lots of learning.

With the arrival of Tristan, Lil also received a notice of termination. She had just been given the head-coaching position for her school’s volleyball team, so it was something of a confusing time. We’re still not certain where we stand with that, but perhaps we’ll be blessed or have more crazy luck.

Lil also decided that she would like to start blogging. So now that you’re brought up to date on the major events, I’ll introduce you to the latest contributor to this online article writing fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home