Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lillian's thoughts

I just have a few things to add to Rob’s blog. It was scary when Rob lost his job but we have been blessed to have him get into a new job really quickly. The job is closer to home than his last job which is so nice. To have him home earlier in the day to spend more time with the family has been heavenly.

Tristan’s pregnancy went really well. I was able to work up to two days before my due date. I ended up being late. My contractions started two days after my due date. I started feeling contractions in the middle of the night and woke Rob up about five thirty in the morning to take me to the hospital. The admitted me right away and hooked me up to an IV. I was given an epidural about eight in the morning. Around ten thirty I had not progressed beyond four centimeters so they gave me something to increase the contractions. Around eleven I was in pain again and they checked and I was dilated to nine and a half centimeters. About that time everyone squeezed into the delivery room and after a few pushes Tristan was born. He weighed seven pounds twelve ounces and was twenty and a half inches long. It was a nice experience. Rob was able to spend the night and we had the room to ourselves. There was also a shower in the room which was a great feature. Overall I was really impressed with the hospital and the staff.

I accepted the head volleyball position around February, right in the height of the debate season. Part of me definitely wanted to say no but part of me has wanted to be a head coach for a very long time. So after talking it over with Rob I decided to take the job. I am so excited for the upcoming season. I have the world’s best assistant coaches. They have really helped me during the time I am off with the baby. It has been a huge blessing to have them by my side. We have been working the girls hard but I am sure it will pay off come the season.

3 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Rochelle said...

What? I didn't know you guys had another baby!! That is great!! Where are the pictures??? :)

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Angela (Cockrellites:) said...

Hey Lil, I'm looking forward to your post. Though mine end up about once a month:) Can't wait to see you for June

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger RobRoy said...

You can find the pictures on Rob's facebook page. Email me for the details.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home